#3030challenge, bible, christ, christian, christianity, confidence, confident, faith, god, humility, new testament, old testament, pride, proverb, proverbs, religion, scripture, spiritual, study, verse
In contrast to last night’s study on humility this evening I went over confidence. Interestingly enough, I didn’t intend on studying confidence.
I always believed myself a confident woman. But after reading what the Bible had to say on the subject, I realized I wasn’t really confident. Just some unbalanced combination of narcissistic and proud.
Based on what I read, this is what I gathered…
- Faith + Pride = Arrogance
- Doubt + Humility = Anxiety
- Faith + Humility = Confidence
Having faith without humility leads to arrogance. On the other hand, humility without faith is what causes anxiety and worry. Having faith AND humility is what leads to a genuine confidence and not confidence’s ugly third cousin, pride.
- Being confident of this, that he how began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)
- I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)
- For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. (Proverbs 3:26)
I realize that I can be confident in all things by accepting what I’m not, but knowing what God is and trusting that all is going as He planned. And His plans are good.